City of Heroes Supergroup Blog

Monday, July 03, 2006

In Training: Power, Incorporated's Newest Recruits

by Virilox Gravelax, The Galaxy Reporter

GALAXY CITY - There are many kinds of supergroups in Paragon City, from large to small, from retired to active. And while many of them have a qualification exam, many have little or no entrance fees, skills or power requirements at all. But we all know know there's one supergroup out there that only accepts the best of the best -- and its Power, Incorporated.

"It's important to Power, Incorporated to only accept heroes who are very self-aware, strongly focused and able to utilize their abilities to their full extent," explained Power.Woman, the supergroup's current leader and team mentor. "Even if a hero's mind has been befuddled, they must be able to instictively manage the situation around them -- or perish in the attempt."

And perish they have. Just look at this tally:
  • Accupunture - Killed when a warehouse in Kings Row collapsed during a battle with a giant clockwork monster.
  • Iciee, Princess.Sonix, Shadow.Lass and Infectious.Lass - Killed during a battle with Lusca, the giant octopus in Independence Port.
  • Fawkes - Killed by Fire.Widow, who used her extensive magical knowledge to strip Fawkes of her phoenix-like abilities before destroying her permanantly.
  • Gravity.Gal - Also killed by Fire.Widow, who used Gravity.Gal's powers to crush her instead.
  • Tyronix - Third victim of Fire.Widow, she turned Tyronix's sonic waves against him, shattering his skull.
So why would anyone want to apply to a supergroup with so many casualties? Why not ask their newest recruits: Shauka, an electric blaster, Power.Frost, an ice blaster, and Technical Difficulty (we're still not sure what she is).

"I, of course, am like, extremely to the max over the moon about joining Power, Incorporated," squealed Shauka, snapping her gum. "I mean, like, what's not to love? Fabulous costumes, gorgous members -- Have you seen Power.Lad? I mean, I could, like, die!"

"Look," interrupted Power.Frost. "I am a second cousin of the Power family, and it's my birth-right to join this supergroup. Of course, you'd think that would get me in automatically, but I have to try out like everyone else. But I'll get in, you'll see," she concluded smugly.

"What?" Technical Diffulty looked imperious. "Oh, right, the entrance thing. Honey, they want me and they know it. See my name? Technical Difficulty. That's right. T-e-c-h-n-i-c-a-l D-i-f-f-i-c-u-l-t-y." She folded her arms. "And I can bring it to the bad guys, or I can bring it them, you know what I'm saying? I know my shit, I just have to show them and they'll understand. That's not a threat. I'm just saying."

Indeed.

Powerful words from such young heroes. Will they make the cut? The grade? Or just the grave? Let's all hope their bravada will carry them through succesfully where others in the past have fallen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home